Prawn is one of my favorite and I like to cook it in different ways. Lots of recipe are made of Prawn. This one is my family’s favorite. Check this out.
500 g Banana Prawns, deveined, keep the shell
2 tbsp cooking margarine (I’d prefer Blueband Margarine)
1 brown onion, sliced
5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or 4 tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp veggie stock-non MSG (if necessary)
2 tbsp water
1. Preheat the oven/grill (200 degree).
2. Prepare a pan or wok on a hot stove. Heat margarine, stirfry garlic and brown onion until caramelized.
3. Add prawns, stirfry until you reckon they’re medium cooked.
4. Add oyster sauce, salt, sugar, stock and water.
5. Keep stirring until the ingredients mixed all together.
6. Replace the cooked praws onto a grill pan, put into the oven and grill until the prawn’s shell looks caramelized (about 5-7 minutes each side)
7. Remove and keep resting for 5 minutes prior to serving.
8. Best served with hot steamed rice, salad and sambal.